Municipality was constituted as early as 1866 under the provisions
of town improvement act 1865 and it has been upgraded as
Corporation from 01.08.2008. The Municipal Council was formed
in the year 1920 as per the provision of the MDM Act 1920. The
municipality was upgraded to first grade in 1947 and to selection
grade 1970. It was further upgraded to a special grade in 1979...